Outcrop

Started by pixelpusher636, November 13, 2021, 05:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelpusher636

I don't know how I got here from there, but this was erected from WAS's outcrop file he shared in the forum. Different indeed.
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

WAS

Well, that is indeed different. Good different. Could see a little camp set up under there.

pixelpusher636

For sure WAS. The possibilities are endless being such a unique outcrop?

SILENCER

The outcrop thing can be really fun.

Not sure how the WAS setup works, but I do it through a child surface shader, and the type of mask you use can bring you all kinds of cool results.

pixelpusher636

Quote from: SILENCER on November 14, 2021, 01:47:08 PMThe outcrop thing can be really fun.

Not sure how the WAS setup works, but I do it through a child surface shader, and the type of mask you use can bring you all kinds of cool results.
Hey @SILENCER I can't remember exactly atm how WAS's setup was but the files and clips he shares are always organized and well explained. Generally he puts all the magic in a internal surface layer simplifying it. 
It looks like you've erected quite the beast of an outcrop yourself there! TG is a time vampire and the ultimate puzzle game, but with greater rewards. 😀

Dune

If you care to play with such structures, here's another setup. ;) Loads of possibilities.....

pixelpusher636

Quote from: Dune on November 29, 2021, 02:44:49 AMIf you care to play with such structures, here's another setup. ;) Loads of possibilities.....
I care indeed! Thank you Dune!
also, stumbled across your TG 4 benchmark scene and wow! Your terrain and shading along with everything else in the network are like a fine tuned orchestra.
It is certainly a good gauge and reminder to me that I've barely scratched the surface of TG. Truly a gem to study. So thanks for that too.