Very Simple Sample rock files request

Started by Tudor, September 12, 2016, 11:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tudor

Would someone mind creating some 'very' simple rock samples for me.
I'm using the fake stones shader to 'paint' large swaths of my landscape with various rocks but no matter what I do they come out white.

I change the colour on the shader.. nothing happens.
I had a child shader and set a colour.. nothing happens..
Everything just stays white.

I have found some examples that appear to be using the fake stone shader as a 'husk' to paint on ... is that how people do it?  Do they disable the actual node and apply textures further along the node tree?

If someone is willing what I'd like to see is two things
1. A fake rock shader example, default grey landscape, and the rocks are pink.  (just so I can see it)
2. A fake rock shader example, default grey landscape, and the rocks are textured with sponge bob (can this be done)

Teach me to fish... Please :)
Tudor

archonforest

Here. Hope this is what you need. ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Tudor

Thanks so much for this.
I'm going to compare this to what I did to try and figure out what I was doing wrong.
One thing that caught me for a loop initially was you were using the "[ ] Enable test colour" to generate the pink but I switched it over and it still worked. 
Again, I really appreciate you taking the time.
Regards,
Tudor

archonforest

Quote from: Tudor on September 12, 2016, 01:34:10 PM
One thing that caught me for a loop initially was you were using the "[ ] Enable test colour" to generate the pink but I switched it over and it still worked. 

Not sure if I understand what switch over means here. You mean you turned of the test color and the rocks left pink?

Otherwise your are welcome.  ;)

Tudor

Yeah sorry I wasn't very clear
[attach=1]
The above embedded pic illustrates it better.
Essentially the file you attached the colour was coming from the test colour and not the apply colour.
When I shut off the test colour it went back to white.
But I then set the apply colour to pink and everything was cool.  I just mentioned it so that when the next noob like me comes along they can figure everything out.
Thanks again for the help.
I was very lost and the help was much appreciated.
Tudor

archonforest