GLorius Saturday - WIP

Started by masonspappy, September 10, 2016, 10:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

masonspappy

So, I tried it both ways.   Setting opacity to .501 gives it a richer look, I think. But turning off shadows lessens the effect of leaves floating.  I spent several hours sitting on the back porch with a glass of wine, studying piles of leaves (wife says I should stop napping, put down the wine and rake the damn leaves -  she clearly doesn't appreciate art)  and think that leaves occupy a definite 3D volume with random small shadows that erase the flattish look.  So I'll set the leaf opacity to .501 and re-render.

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on September 25, 2016, 01:21:01 PM
So, I tried it both ways.   Setting opacity to .501 gives it a richer look, I think. But turning off shadows lessens the effect of leaves floating.  I spent several hours sitting on the back porch with a glass of wine, studying piles of leaves (wife says I should stop napping, put down the wine and rake the damn leaves -  she clearly doesn't appreciate art)  and think that leaves occupy a definite 3D volume with random small shadows that erase the flattish look.  So I'll set the leaf opacity to .501 and re-render.

I think, based on your tests, that that's the correct direction. Gonna look great!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

;D (Art needs 'a little' wine indeed)