Relearning Displacement

Started by blattacker, April 01, 2022, 08:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blattacker

I was looking at some of my older images, and noticed that, almost 9 years ago, I seemed to have a much better handle on Terragen's displacement than I do today, so I'm working on rectifying that. I think I went a little too insane with the small scale details in this one, but I really liked the overall look by the end, so I just decided to stick with it. Also decided to stray away from my normal monitor resolution sizing, and started playing around with camera and render settings a little more. This one uses my best approximation of my "daily driver" camera body and lens (Sony a6300 camera body, 7artisans 35mm fixed pancake lens) and was rendered at around 25 megapixels (I didn't actually pull resolution from a 25mp image from my camera, instead I copied the aspect ratio and did some math). I'm attaching both the originally rendered image and the image with some post processing done in Photoshop (essentially just treated it like a photograph). Let me know what you think!

blattacker

Got home from work and realized that my work laptop is no place to be doing any kind of photo work, so here's what the same render looks like when edited on my home computer like I would any other photo.