NWDA SELECT SIX 360 GALLERY

Started by DannyG, September 29, 2016, 12:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

P.S. Members,
NWDA would like to announce our Select Six 360 Gallery. This Gallery with its full screen 360 viewer will host 6 of the best 360 renders from the community to represent the capabilities of creating realistic Virtual Reality environments with Terragen. To help launch this portion of the web page NWDA would like to invite members to submit entries to NWDA for our selection process. The time duration for The SELECT SIX Publishing is estimated to be 3-4 Months per 6 images year around.
(Time duration maybe +/- 1 or 2 months pending turnout) 

•   This is an ongoing showcase. This means every 3-4 months a new set of 6 will be selected & uploaded. Entries may be submitted anytime as this is a Showcase that is now part of NWDA's site. Qualified images received before the next 6 are chosen will simply be place in our queue until the next upload. (You will be notified if your entry is queued up)

•   Existing publically posted scenes will be accepted. (VR Challenge winners 1st through 10th will not be accepted, these are reserved for Planetside's posting)

•   Work In Progress threads are encouraged

•   Multiple entries per contestant is obviously allowed, however keep in mind quality is #1

•   Environments may be Space, Sci-Fi Fantasy, real life places ... anything goes!

•   Images should be at least 4800 X 2400 pix and no more than 15MB. If you lack the hardware to render that size. NWDA will be willing to review a smaller version. If selected we will render the image for you at a size that will maximize the viewing of your work

•   Post work is allowed - Sharpening, color/level adjustments HDR and other subtle techniques that simulate 'typical' lens effects. Questions about PW please http://www.nwdastore.com/contact-us/

•   In the event we do not have enough images or a lack of quality in the renders NWDA reserves the right to use NWDA member art work until the following 6 are selected.
We look forward to your work! Good Luck!

**All products in the shop will be offered at a 20% discount rate for Oct 1st through Oct 15. Just shop as normal and enter Coupon Code SELECTSIX360 at checkout

http://www.nwdastore.com/360-gallery/

Submit entries --> danny@nwdastore.com

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Waiting for my workstation....again...but I've got some I want to render and submit to this but they require and actual 3D computer not this dell slopoke.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Just checked it out...stiff competition there heh heh...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

Quote from: bobbystahr on November 20, 2016, 11:10:25 PM

These are just place holders Bobby. Again we will be concentrating on Terragen community renders 1st, NWDA 2nd.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on November 21, 2016, 06:35:05 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on November 20, 2016, 11:10:25 PM

These are just place holders Bobby. Again we will be concentrating on Terragen community renders 1st, NWDA 2nd.

gotcha...was nice lookin at em in any case...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

Old file rendered for the 360 Gallery. Image posted here is a crop of the 360 output
http://www.nwdastore.com/360-gallery/
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Oshyan

Nice one! There's a great, dramatic feel there. Even better in 360. :D

- Oshyan

randyclark

I would like to think that this can be similar as virtual reality videos. Really great stuff here.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AndyWelder

Would this require the same setup as the one for the Planetside VR challenge? Six square renders uploaded and stitched together by whom?
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

bobbystahr

Quote from: AndyWelder on August 10, 2017, 12:22:16 PM
Would this require the same setup as the one for the Planetside VR challenge? Six square renders uploaded and stitched together by whom?

I think a huge spherical render is all that's required IIRC from Danny's post about the Gallery 360. I'm pretty sure he specified a size requirement same place.

Also in the VR thread Matt posted a script or some'at for 6 image renders.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 10, 2017, 01:13:48 PM
Quote from: AndyWelder on August 10, 2017, 12:22:16 PM

I think a huge spherical render is all that's required IIRC from Danny's post about the Gallery 360. I'm pretty sure he specified a size requirement same place.

Also in the VR thread Matt posted a script or some'at for 6 image renders.

Spherical renders work fine so if you are running a version that has this feature you are all good!. Otherwise you will need the script Bobby is referring to.

*Speaking of Bobby wheres your entry Bobby? You have been cranking out some sweet renders with the new PC. I would like to see you bump someone and take a spot in the SIX!
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

bobbystahr

Still looking for the right image to do Danny
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on August 11, 2017, 06:21:54 AM
I look forward to it bud

Can you post a link to the page with the requirements and upload please...I see nada at NWDA...got some ideas in the mill now
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New