Series

Started by Dune, September 30, 2016, 11:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

A great version!

Only thing disturbing me are the birds (ducks?). Somehow they are very sharp in a strange kind and extremely saturated. Will you keep them?

bobbystahr

But a Canada Goose, hmmmm. Is there a Euro version or do ours fly over there as well?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Agura Nata

Looks fine, wonderful!
"Live and Learn!"

Dune

They're black storks, and I had to add a little (invisible) luminous plane near them to lighten up their initially totally black shadow side. A bit too much, perhaps. Thanks.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 26, 2016, 02:35:20 AM
They're black storks, and I had to add a little (invisible) luminous plane near them to lighten up their initially totally black shadow side. A bit too much, perhaps. Thanks.

I understand..neat trick that invisible luminous plane
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Update with some more views. This is what the eagles were for. Some deer in them as well, but hard to find in this small version.

DocCharly65

Unbelievable! Especially the first one is a geat panorama!

mhaze

fleetwood

Like the second one. Reminds me of Hudson River School paintings.

bobbystahr

Great stuff Ulco, I especially like the "euro teepees" in the 2nd image but the eagle shot is beautiful as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

zaxxon

Wonderful! The panorama is deep and and detailed with some great foliage work, with the low hanging mist adding even more depth. I think that the color values of the flying birds makes it problematic to separate them from the the foliage below. Too much saturation and they 'pop' un-naturally from the scene, too little and they 'blend' in to the foliage beneath. I suspect some sort of DOF wouldn't be acceptable to your clients. That 'top down' viewpoint displays so much terrain and distance I'm curious to see how you combine that and a sense of soaring height to the eagles. Beautiful artwork Ulco!

Dune

Thanks, guys. What do you mean by "I'm curious to see how you combine that and a sense of soaring height to the eagles", Doug? You are right that they blend in, but in nature that is often the case too. That's why I have one up against the sky. The 'problem' with this series is that I'm stuck to one POV and one FOV for every era (except for 2 detailed/zoomed in shots).

zaxxon

Here's a clip that kind of shows what I'm seeing. Granted the eagle is in motion which helps separate it from the ground foliage; however I'm seeing a higher albedo/specularity of the eagle which also adds to the separation. I realize you probably have some good references to work from, so I believe the image is accurate, but to my eye the eagle could use a bit more 'differentiation'.

http://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-13995020-stock-footage-ws-ts-aerial-view-of-bald-eagles-flying-over-mountain-and-dense-forest-fraser-river-british.html?src=rel/6258224:0/3p

Small quibble about a masterful scene, Great work again Ulco!

Dune

I see what you mean. The trees there have a darker, duller color variety, which makes the eagle stand out more. I might do something about it, thank you.