Series

Started by Dune, September 30, 2016, 11:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

Just excellent, the reflection is just sneaky!  and brilliant!

Dune

Phase 5, same POV, first layout test. This is supposed to be the Roman period.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 15, 2016, 03:06:27 AM
Phase 5, same POV, first layout test. This is supposed to be the Roman period.

Slightly off topic but Ulco, did you see the post from the new user trying to figure out how to make that crops setup you have here? I wouldn't mind a clue as well. Have done it with image maps but there's always a problem with resolution from anywhere but up in the air.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Yes, and as you saw, I just replied to him. I use a series of masks here from a 16kx16k terrain in 4kx4k resolution, which is not very sharp, but good enough. The road is the hardest, but it works quite well. For little ditches in an upcoming close-up and such I likely need to make a detailed mask of just the central area, though (with the problem of getting it into the right place... a transform shader with a handle would be very helpful   :P).

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 16, 2016, 03:17:23 AM
Yes, and as you saw, I just replied to him. I use a series of masks here from a 16kx16k terrain in 4kx4k resolution, which is not very sharp, but good enough. The road is the hardest, but it works quite well. For little ditches in an upcoming close-up and such I likely need to make a detailed mask of just the central area, though (with the problem of getting it into the right place... a transform shader with a handle would be very helpful   :P).

My problem was I was working from actual photos and they hadn't the resolution from anywhere but far away...and the masking I did for roads and ditches wasn't anywhere near that resolution....but now I have a big box and when my missing 24 G of RAM arrives I'll be able to work in PS at that size.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Update.

DocCharly65

Was some days offline for business... great improvements since then!

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Last of the series, WIP.

bobbystahr

Great project. I've really enjoyed watching it progress and have had some really good ideas while watching it grow....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Terrific! Now we know what he did with his quilt!

DocCharly65

After you marked some of the details to be improoved, I am especially curious of that result, Ulco  ;)

Dune

Some of them are easy, others only doable in post, but there's more to solve, like how is that boat getting under that bridge.... building a new boat as we speak, with lowered mast and sail. It may even need some sort of harbor, more work to do.

DocCharly65

Outch! I know such little evil things like that with the boat. I had this or similar problems so often in my film now that I can't count any more...

Folding bridge? Just an idea... :)
On the other side you need an additional house of wardens next to the bridge. And I really don't know if romans had already any kind of folding bridges.