Series

Started by Dune, September 30, 2016, 11:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I am to make a new series of images, starting with an ice age valley. No ice, that's way up north, but a gravelly valley with a broad wild river (actual heightfield). Hardly any veggies. I hope to make this a bit more photo like. Any suggestions are welcome, as this is only a WIP.

The ants are mammoths  :P

bobbystahr

Hmmmm, from that view if that's what's required, it's a matter of colour and subtle displacements I'd say, and you're a master at both of those. Haven't researched the era so I can say naught but good luck pal...gonna be another fun one for us spectators.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Mammoth? Oh sorry, I see you told us....should be a good one! I supposed they have burned all the old books I had in school, but I remember the hand drawn illustrations, fascinating!

zaxxon

Actually, you need to add a lot of Forbs! Those big guys needed literally tons of foliage, and during their span on Earth the environment was not the same as the Tundra of today. So, not so many grasses, but lots of Forbs.  I guess this is one of your scientific re-creations of a specific period, so your Enviro-Historians should know about this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/woolly-mammoth-diet-mystery-solved-by-dna-analysis-1.2524015

;D

Kadri

I am sure it will be one of your great scenes ones again Ulco :)

bobbystahr

forb...found on road blooming, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

That's interesting Doug, thanks. The problem with this series is again that I have to use the same camera position for 5 images. About 200m to get enough overview. But that makes it bloody hard to make it interesting, especially when no veggies (we'll discuss the forbs) are around and the landscape isn't higher than 130m. With tree cover later, it might get more interesting, but then this valley was 15m higher and all sediment, with just the one stream. Well....

luvsmuzik

Now you may have to revert to the old method with scattered noise layers to simulate vegetation. Fake stones can be green and yellow, haha.

Dune

Exactly that.

bobbystahr

now that looks more 'lived in'
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Lowered the camera. If this holds out for the rest of the series I prefer this height. You still won't see the neanderthalers, though  :(

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 02, 2016, 02:28:29 AM
You still won't see the neanderthalers, though  :(

you might consider that a bonus, hee hee hee.  Really liking where this is going.

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Agura Nata

Great adventure amd neanderthalers are on the trip too, I like it!  ;D ;D
"Live and Learn!"

Oshyan

Yeah, that's looking really good Ulco.

- Oshyan