Series

Started by Dune, September 30, 2016, 11:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Matts' relatives.................. ;D

inkydigit

Great journey explained, Ulco... good luck with the commission too!
:)

Dune

Thanks, Jason. First reaction to this was quite positive, some minor stuff to change.

DocCharly65

Yes Ulco, good luck!

And the last render is somhow touching and exciting! I think I must give up TG and go outside in the fog hunting - now!  :D :o :D

Hannes

...with your bare hands!!  ;D ;D ;D

Dune

;D These guys were pretty tough.

OK, here's the first iteration of phase 2, same area, same POV, different ground structure. I'm having a bit trouble with the internal grass, used here to fake sedges in the low areas. Where they light falls on them they are too light, where the light is a bit from opposite they are pretty dark, but kind of like I need it (left bottom). I might have to try and make some narrower polygons.
Reindeer are still too light for summer, but now at least you see them.

Any comments are welcome.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on October 06, 2016, 03:43:03 AM
...with your bare hands!!  ;D ;D ;D

Too late... I found some flintstones   ;D ;D ;D

Ulco, that's already looking quite good. Good luck with the grass trouble.

bobbystahr

I'm liking where this is going...and the client?.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

They haven't seen phase 2 yet, I want to 'perfect' it first, so hope for some feedback from you guys  ;) There will be more variety, some small willows, stuff like that. Still a very cold era.
The first one was received well, streams needed some adjustments.
And speaking of flintstones; that's indeed what is in that basin, layers of super hard knobs of silex, of which these Neanderthal people made their tools.

Latest iteration phase 1 (without clouds) and another of phase 2 (ditto). I'm going to have the reindeer moved, for one.

bobbystahr

Is the 2 different seasons? The first one looks much colder.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Wow! Gets better and better!

Dune

Colder, well seasons might be the same, but indeed, the first is the big Ice Age with ice sheet just 400k to the north, the latter the last smaller ice age, less cold. Perhaps I should try some snow remains somewhere.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 07, 2016, 11:14:26 AM
Colder, well seasons might be the same, but indeed, the first is the big Ice Age with ice sheet just 400k to the north, the latter the last smaller ice age, less cold. Perhaps I should try some snow remains somewhere.

Yeah, just a hint would help establish the brrrr factor.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Working on the hair stuff for elk, mammoths and neanderthals, pretty nice work in ZB. Not perfect but for some distance it'll do. This was a neanderthal morph in DAZ, but it's only for a woman, so I had to do some cosmetic surgery  8)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 09, 2016, 02:30:22 AM
Working on the hair stuff for elk, mammoths and neanderthals, pretty nice work in ZB. Not perfect but for some distance it'll do. This was a neanderthal morph in DAZ, but it's only for a woman, so I had to do some cosmetic surgery  8)

A trans neanderthal...how current...LOL  But really, nicely done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New