Series

Started by Dune, September 30, 2016, 11:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Nasty intermezzo  8) while I'm here.

bobbystahr

That corpse has some baaaad arthritis in their left knee...betcha they're glad to e dead, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Phase 2 wasn't correct, so here's an update, still basic. Nothing dramatic, just needs to show how the landscape evolved as accurately as possible.

luvsmuzik

Wonderful effect of the ice shelf melting!

Dune

Slowly getting there.....

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 17, 2016, 11:34:31 AM
Slowly getting there.....

everything looks better in this one...don't know if your client will approve but I see great improvement...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Dito. Better and better!

Is that big amount of animals intentional?

TheBadger

I wish they had you doing stuff like this for the Mesopotamia region, Ulco. What you showed of the bodies made me think of the Conan movies. Always interested in city level culture from the time periods you get into.
As usual I watch your bigger projects. I like the braided river at the beginning too.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Well, point them to me and I'll do some Mesopotamia region  ;)
Yes, Nils, it's intentional; huge herd required, and this is not even that huge.

luvsmuzik

Terrain detail just amazing! Yes, in herd movement reinactments I have watched, the critters are crowded together, head to butt and knocking into each other. Don't know how you will do it w/o losing detail of terrain, but sure you will figure a way. :) 

Kadri

Looks great. I like especially how you made the look of the water in this one Ulco :)

DocCharly65

Now I found out, what I was missing:
Could you perhaps try to give the herd a bit of dust. According to my experiences, a big herd of animals produces a light dust cloud even with slight dampness.

Dune

That's a nice idea. It's also cold, so some damp may well be in place.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 20, 2016, 08:38:55 AM
That's a nice idea. It's also cold, so some damp may well be in place.

maybe nostril steam as well if they're on the mooooove.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

In the meantime, I've moved on to phase 3, and they are quite happy with this version. Some final tweaks, but veggies are okay. Only some trees suck.