Series

Started by Dune, September 30, 2016, 11:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

You can make any size image map (16 bit for much less stepping) and relocate and resize in TG by transform shader. Resolution must be taken into account of course. The ditch around the camp is a 1x1K greyscale (which is too big, but who cares) 8-bits, because it's only a meter deep. 256 grey tones means 1m divided by 256 = 4mm per step, you don't see that. Even it it were 10m deep you wouldn't see the stepping in 8-bit if you add some fractal.

Ditch is ditched anyway, it's a prickly hedge now.

bobbystahr

Thanks Ulco, copied into my Ulco Tips folder. Makes sense...I often forget the utility of the Transform shader in all matters....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Final update and then it's mostly done.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 24, 2017, 11:50:13 AM
You can make any size image map (16 bit for much less stepping) and relocate and resize in TG by transform shader. Resolution must be taken into account of course. The ditch around the camp is a 1x1K greyscale (which is too big, but who cares) 8-bits, because it's only a meter deep. 256 grey tones means 1m divided by 256 = 4mm per step, you don't see that. Even it it were 10m deep you wouldn't see the stepping in 8-bit if you add some fractal.

Ditch is ditched anyway, it's a prickly hedge now.

Saved to my TG tips folder....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Quote from: Dune on May 05, 2017, 08:54:07 AM
Final update and then it's mostly done.

Very nice and natural. Love the little details like the guy in the boat  :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

These renders of you should be done in Megapixel resolution, Ulco - and 360° Panorama... Then I would sit inside and explore the whole day :)

zaxxon

Masterful work again Ulco!

fleetwood

Very nice. Enjoying the color realism.

Dune

Thanks guys. I just heard the book (local archaeology, many images, but in Dutch/Flamish) will be published in September. For those interested I'll post a website.

Up to render them big now....

luvsmuzik

Ha ha, language doesn't matter, we just look at the pictures anyway. :) Very nice, scale is terrific, but not too minute. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 06, 2017, 01:18:57 AM
Thanks guys. I just heard the book (local archaeology, many images, but in Dutch/Flamish) will be published in September. For those interested I'll post a website.

Up to render them big now....

so your computer is cooperating then, good stuff...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

Realism here is really tops Ulco, well done
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Well, this project has been finalized and here's some info about it (scroll down one click for some images): https://archeologie-kerkhove.be/
And here: http://www.snoeckpublishers.be/usite/snoeckpub_nlbe/index.asp?p=875&i=627
And here's a brochure: https://archeologiekerkhove.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/schelde-stroom-in-verandering.pdf
I'm afraid it's all in Dutch.

bobbystahr

Cool beans man big LIKE
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New