Just Outside Las Vegas

Started by Urantia Jerry, October 04, 2016, 10:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urantia Jerry

Luvsmuzik - No I don't feel like you have done anything wrong.  Thanks for the reply!  Thanks everyone for your replies  :)

Oshyan

Luvsmuzik, yes, so this may simply be a matter of perspective, but I would call that an improvement in contrast, but not truly a change in "detail". You are making the details that are already there more clear and evident, but you are not *adding* detail. This is something that is constantly debated by people though, so I don't expect to settle it here. ;)

I'm mostly concerned with separating the idea of "detail" in Terragen (and how to get a "detailed Terragen scene"), from the effects one can achieve *outside* of Terragen with post processing. To my mind you can only truly add "real" detail inside of Terragen, so when I refer to "detail" I am talking about actual features, elements, and characteristics of the scene, and at what quality they are rendered. Mainly this is because any discussion of "adding detail" that is accomplished outside of Terragen is beyond the scope of what I can provide support for. :D

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Oshyan, I totally agree with you that the *detail* in this render is very evident. To me it was more an atmosphere or humidity question posed to Jerry. When I think of Nevada, I think dry climate with very low humidity as opposed to hazy valleys and foggy conditions....I will be the first to increase that haze density way overboard sometimes, haha.

Jerry did some amazing displacements or modifications to his terrain that are just stunning here.
Terragen's capabilities are fantastic that is becoming more and more evident.

mhaze

Urantia Jerry

Oshyan - adding the details inside Terragen is exactly what I am looking for.  But in this image especially, I would like to make the details in the foreground more "focused" maybe?  I was thinking that I probably was using some wrong values in some of the render settings or something like that.

mhaze, and luvsmuzik - thank you, and I agree that Terragen is absolutely great.  Thank you Planetside staff.