Multiple startups

Started by luvsmuzik, October 09, 2016, 10:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Is anyone else getting multiple instances of TG startup when trying to open a file from File Explorer? (Windows 10) I am getting at least one extra startup when trying to open from anywhere but TG4 shortcut on Desktop. Program kept crashing yesterday, then I finally saw what was happening. I thought I was guilty of file comparison, two versions going at once, when I try to learn from example file, but this was not the case this time. Is this a one mouse click or two issue maybe?

Also, can't save images or projects to program folder anymore? I know...Run as admin, but still no luck.

Oshyan

I can't reproduce this here. Curious to see if it's happening to anyone else. Do you have any kind of file association management software enabled? By the way it's perfectly fine to run 2 instances simultaneously (as long as you have enough memory), and even to have 2 instances running the same TGD. It should not cause crashes by itself.

Issues saving to the program folder are almost certainly a Windows permissions issue. Windows doesn't want you saving things there, and for good reason really.

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

I do not have file association management software enabled. I get this issue when trying to clean up files from free file sharing mostly. My downloads folder gets a mess so I try to organize it and can't always remember what the tgd. file looks like so I try to do a quick open to label it for a folder...etc. I can open these files directly from TG file option but I was trying drag and drop method quick stuff. It is okay now that I am aware of it. You know you get a free file and then maybe edit it later, it should not be sitting in Downloads as when you edit it you don't always want to store it in Downloads. Picky Picky Picky... :)

At least today I was able to create a clip file folder in the Terragen4 program folder, so I am happy. :) I still have Tg2, Tg3, TG4Beta and now the new one in Planetside folder...Good ol'  9 on 32 section. You are not going to eliminate load ter. file are you?

Oshyan

We will continue to be able to load TER files into the foreseeable future. Although it is not a very popular format anymore outside of Terragen.

- Oshyan