After the Storm TG4 1st scene.

Started by 3DnTechNut, October 17, 2016, 04:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3DnTechNut

First Scene rendered with TG4 full release.  Playing with global clouds (localized), atmosphere and the fractal procedural erosion shader public beta. I need to play with render settings a little, it took 2 hours and 23 minutes to render the 800 x 450 image.  Need to work on textures and shaders.

3DnTechNut

Yes! My weekend will be spent experimenting some more.  :D

Dune

That's awfully long for such a small render. What machine have you got? Don't you use too high settings? On an i7 this would probably take maybe 10mins.

3DnTechNut

Quote from: Dune on October 18, 2016, 02:19:25 AM
That's awfully long for such a small render. What machine have you got? Don't you use too high settings? On an i7 this would probably take maybe 10mins.

I actually have a an i7 5820k 3.3GHz processor with 128GB of ram with an NVidia Quadro M400 Workstation Card and Samsung 850 EVO SSDs.  The long render time was due in part to my graphics driver software updated and reverted back to the basic setup instead of the optimized 3D Setup, and the fact that I had global clouds on and was playing around with the Light Propagation, Light Propagation Mix, and the Fake Internal Scattering setting, cranked them up quite a lot and had the Atmosphere, Clouds, and Render Quality Settings Set to 1 with AA at 8 and the Atmosphere Sample set to 32, trying settings to get rid of atmospheric and cloud noise.  The Terrain setup was also a jumble of fractal terrains, warps and the Kamperov Erosion Beta and a couple compute terrains.

Oshyan

Just a note so you're aware that the "global cloud" option isn't intended to be used for renders from the ground.

- Oshyan

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Especially the latter words in your explanation would have caused quite some render time. Try to decrease the number of computes. For a lot of renders not even one is needed!

3DnTechNut

Quote from: Oshyan on October 18, 2016, 02:36:42 PM
Just a note so you're aware that the "global cloud" option isn't intended to be used for renders from the ground.

- Oshyan

I am playing around trying the new features and was wondering how the global clouds would appear from the ground.  I am also trying to learn more about what many of the other shaders and functions do and how to use them.  I still have a ton to learn.  I am finding that you can end up with a slow mess when you plug things randomly into each other, but sometimes you end up with some pretty interesting results, even if it may take a couple of hours to render.

Like this: