Gear VR

Started by yossam, October 20, 2016, 05:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

I had to buy a new phone (my old one went swimming) and got a deal on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Seems like I get a Gear VR free with the phone. Just got an email from Samsung saying it would be delivered Saturday. I know nothing about this and would appreciate any pointers as to get any information. I registered on the Oculus site like the email said to do but I think I'm more confused now than before. Help.  :-\

TheBadger

Hey man
What are you not sure of? I don't have my own gear, but have played with one for a while. It's a pretty simple system relative to the full version head sets like the rift.

Just check out YouTube. They have a pretty large amount of 360 video. plus there are videos about how to use it in general.

I liked it when I tried it. Not a full experience, but pretty cool anyway. If you got it for free, then that should make it even better😎
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Also your App Store should have a bunch of stuff for vr use by now?
It has been eaten.

otakar

I have it, lots of content available for download from Oculus app. Just beware of heat buildup and short battery life. Long sessions are unlikely anyway as it gets tiring after a while. Fun toy though.