Rendering Reality #1

Started by BPauba, December 28, 2006, 06:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPauba

I have thought of this idea for awhile now, but when I read that DeanoD had a similar idea I knew it was a plausible possibility! So what is it? Let me tell you... Rendering Reality is creating a scene with a photograph in mind. The point behind the exercise is to accurately render a true landscape. This does not mean that you need to try to render the exact scene, but what I would like to see is the photograph greatly influence the Terragen scene. What I will do is pick out an image and post it, then everyone can try to render a similar scene off of that image. Maybe you want to depict the clouds or the landscape, and I encourage that, but you can also try to rebuild everything in the photographic scene (thatll be hard!). This is only for study purposes, so use the opportunity for however you feel it will best help your learning. Lets see if this can be an ongoing event.

So the image I choose is....

Create a terragen scene that is influenced by that image! If you have any questions just ask! (i hope i explained it well!)

Remember to post your work!

Doofus

Very cool idea.
I like the idea of having a final goal in mind before starting, rather than just clicking about and seeing what looks nice. I will be having a stab at this one. :)
What would also be cool is if people not only posted their final image but the Terragen file also so we could see how the masters did what they did.
Rub a little funk on it baby :D

rcallicotte

Great idea.  I'm having so much to learn about the program before I do anything of this magnitude that it might be a while before I join you.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

littlecannon

I'm in... I just started exploring strata and canyons, so this is just what I need! Top idea...
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

FrankThomas

I'll have to see what I can come up with :)