Speedtree import problem

Started by JDB, July 31, 2014, 06:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDB

I am having issues when I import via .obj from speedtree into terragen. When I import the tree the leaves appear as white spots. Anyone know how to fix this?

yossam

I would hazard a guess............you need to apply your opacity image to the leaf shader.  :)

JDB

Thanks for the help. I guess i was using the wrong image format for the materials. I changed it to .tif and added the use alpha option under opacity and it seems to be working.

bobbystahr

Quote from: JDB on July 31, 2014, 07:43:25 PM
Thanks for the help. I guess i was using the wrong image format for the materials. I changed it to .tif and added the use alpha option under opacity and it seems to be working.

I always use tif if it's an option
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

MentalRayUser

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 01, 2014, 03:37:08 PM
Quote from: JDB on July 31, 2014, 07:43:25 PM

I always use tif if it's an option

Hello ! can you please give me an advice 
which is better for terragen, Xfrog or Speedtree ?
pros ang cons in two words if possible
thank you
P.S. almost 6000 posts man ... you are real veteran

Dune

In 2 words: they both make importable objects, so there's no difference. Speedtree is more expensive and more versatile. I prefer the latter; easy reseeding and getting more shapes from one tree. But I've also seen really great works done with XFrog trees; check out their gallery.

MentalRayUser

Quote from: Dune on October 26, 2016, 02:47:29 AM
In 2 words: they both make importable objects, so there's no difference. Speedtree is more expensive and more versatile. I prefer the latter; easy reseeding and getting more shapes from one tree. But I've also seen really great works done with XFrog trees; check out their gallery.

Hello Super veteran ))
I was just wondering maybe is there any restrictions with speed tree ?
now I guess its not , I'm a speedtree user so
maybe terragen reccomends to use Xfrog over Speedtree
but if there is not problems then, great ! 

thank you !

zaxxon

Speedtree is a great partner with Terragen. Search 'Speedtree' on the Forum for lots of pertinent info.