TG4 startup window size/position

Started by 57thkafka, October 25, 2016, 02:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57thkafka

Is there any way of having TG4 remember the size and position when last used? It always opens up in a bizarre position and dimensions and I have to snap it to half my screen or maximize, which I don't really want as I have DAZ Studio open on the other half. Any suggestions, registry edits welcome.

Oshyan

The window position should default to a fairly normal position, something like upper-left of your monitor, upon startup. Do you have a multiple monitor setup, high DPI display, or some other less common setup?

There is no way to get it to remember your last position at present.

- Oshyan

57thkafka

the TG4 windows opens up docked at the top but not to the left side, on the left side of my monitor. It is a single monitor 3440x1440. Let me try a different tack then- what determines the size and position of that initial window?

Oshyan

I believe it is hard-coded, based on past issues dealing with various screen sizes, multiple monitor setups, etc. It was felt to be the best compromise.

How would you feel about Terragen being automatically full-screen on launch?

- Oshyan

57thkafka

In many ways that would be my preferred option, although I realise, not everyone's.

Oshyan

Good to know, it's something we're considering.

In the meantime if you're on Windows you can just edit your application shortcut for Terragen (right-click, Properties) and set it to start Maximized.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on November 03, 2016, 11:18:55 PM
Good to know, it's something we're considering.

In the meantime if you're on Windows you can just edit your application shortcut for Terragen (right-click, Properties) and set it to start Maximized.

- Oshyan

ooh that's a neat trick...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Maximized would be my choice too, but thanks for the trick.