How to let clouds interact with objects?

Started by zzu, October 27, 2016, 10:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzu

Like the one in the paramount 100 anniversary intro, when the stars fly by, it kinda disturbed the clouds. Thank you for the reply.

KyL

This foreground clouds have been done with Maya I guess. You cannot have this kind of interactive effect in Terragen atm!

zzu

oh, I see. Maya's fluids' very slow, but yea, it's doable.

Ardalan

I found some interesting atmosphere like cloud and haze in vue. it has plugin for maya and max and working with vray and mentalrey render system.

zzu

but in Terragen, clouds do react to geometry like mountains though?

Oshyan

You can have clouds interact with terrain, but not object geometry. You would use the Altitude Offset and/or Depth Modulator for this.

The lower-level clouds in the Paramount intro are I believe Maya clouds.

- Oshyan

zzu

Thank you two. It's interesting, I'm thinking is there a way to trick terragen into thinking that an object is terrain?

Dune

In principle, I think, very perhaps (never done it) it should be possible to locate a camera at an object, attach a distance shader to keep any effect close to the object, and use the fractals on that object (terrain or any fractal) to warp the clouds around it. Very perhaps  :-\

Oshyan

Quote from: zzu on October 29, 2016, 12:44:59 AM
Thank you two. It's interesting, I'm thinking is there a way to trick terragen into thinking that an object is terrain?

Not currently, no.

- Oshyan

ajcgi

Imagine animal-shaped clouds, planets surrounded by concentric rings of fluff, the gods playing chess with cloud pieces...
I've already thought of how to do the second one there, but the others...   8)