Sunset ocean - Dead simple but loads of mood

Started by Mr_Lamppost, September 07, 2007, 09:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lamppost

Just finished this, I was trying to capture the colours you get in the sky a bit before sunset on some overcast days. 

I have the feeling that it needs something, I thought about a ship but decide the cliché (Cheese), factor ruled this out;  Possibly a pier or jetty maybe with a lighthouse at the end but I wll need time to model this

Ideas.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

nvseal

Love it. The ocean color is great and those clouds look very very nice. tgc?

Buzzzzz

rcallicotte

I love this.  Remember a similar scene when I went swimming in the Pacific years ago off the coast of Southern Mexico.  This is very realistic.  Good job!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

No problem nvseal.

I said it was simple  Default atmosphere, default lake object (Ocean), Nothing very fancy in the clouds.  Here's the tgd:

The cloud settings work quite well as a general overcast, here is a low resolution/quality test render of the same scene.  The only difference is that I moved the sun.

Heading 120
Elevation 40

Oops! Sorry not quite a default atmosphere I remember I upped the quality settings  ;D

moodflow

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

efflux

Volker Harun

EBAndrew

Cool image... totally has a lot of mood to it.

With all these pretty water renders I've been seeing lately it really make me want to do something... too bad I don't have the patience for water rendering. :P
-Andrew

Mr_Lamppost

QuoteWith all these pretty water renders I've been seeing lately it really make me want to do something... too bad I don't have the patience for water rendering.

I didn't watch this one render, I went out and left my PC working but I didn't notice the water slowing things down horrendously on the low quality test renders.

Water can definitely be worth the wait. 

EBAndrew

I wonder if they improved the render times in TG2... I remember 0.9, and almost any water you had would destroy your rendering time. Maybe I'll have to give it a second look.
-Andrew