Claw of the World Beast

Started by Njen, September 08, 2007, 09:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Awesome work njen! I really like the majestic scale  ;D

Martin

Volker Harun

Agree with Martin - and I can bin my current project ,-)

Will

Nice, I would love to see a tutorial on this some day.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

FrankB

great concept, njen, thanks for showing this!

Frank

Matt

Quote from: njen on September 08, 2007, 09:16:34 AM
A = Terrain not being rendered in the bucket (or the TG2 version of a bucket, I guess)
B = Self shadowing stops at random heights on different pillars
C = Similar to B, but more clearly shows the tops of pillars not casting shadows
D = Light dots in the shadow, which appear to be geometry holes. You can't see it clearly because I used soft shadows to minimise the effect, so see the next image as a better example of it.

Any idea when these issues will be fixed? Just wondering...

I am currently working on some big changes to the renderer to address a number of problems, and with these changes D should be (mostly) eliminated and the likelihood of A and B/C will be reduced. It may also be possible to tweak certain parameters to eliminate these problems for particular renders in which they occur. These changes are scheduled for release near the end of this year, as we will need to put the new render engine through a good amount of alpha testing.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

cyphyr

New render engine, Hmmm intriguing :)
Bring it on :D
Richard
err . . . of course if you need any help with testing it . . .
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Njen

Matt, thank you very much for this information. It's good to know that these fixes are already in the pipe, I'll be looking forward to rerendering this scene once they are done.

Oshyan

It's a really wonderful scene so I'm looking forward to seeing it finished too. ;D It reminds me of the thing at the end of Star Trek V (I know, I know, nobody saw it - with good reason :D). But the huge scale did throw me off at first too...

- Oshyan