GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

The last days I prepared some variaions and details for overall 4 animations of the "magnificent two" scene.

First I wanted a kind of slight war paint on BB8's head. An additional shader with the paintings as alpha mask and a little displacement to let it look a bit like really painted:

[attach=1]

And here comes the (expected) last frame of the whole scene. Unfortunately I had to exchange the beautiful easy clouds by older V3. But with the NWDA's Sky Starter Pack I could find a quick and beautiful setting:

[attach=2]

The oak leaves and all the flowers have extrem high tranclucency settings for the look I wanted.

In the coming weeks I will twiggle agound with the animation.
I am still not sure if the rotation of BB8's ball is adaequate to the movement because the speed is changing during the animation.

I calulated the rotations for the whole path: path / 2 × π × r
Then I calculated the relation between the moving direction and the rotation and got something like this:

[attach=3]

Additionally I learned to get a secure and correct drop on the ground I must use the origin position (x=0 and z=0) of the object within the population area.

Dune

Cool. Nice lighting and a big improvement on the hippie robot  ;) It's really a character now!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 19, 2017, 11:27:19 AM
Cool. Nice lighting and a big improvement on the hippie robot  ;) It's really a character now!

hear hear...likin' it more allatime...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Awesome as always, like the glyph self portrait. Nicely done!

DocCharly65

Thanks all, but I had to do some more work on the scene after I tried to get my big stereoscopic 3D version.

The scale of the oak and the robots didnot fit at all so I played around for a while.
Also I needed many trys until I found a position of the oak in the left front where you don't see too many rectangular branches or flat leaves.
Now the scene is final and will be rnedered (in 1280x720 of course) like this (frame 1):

[attach=1]

and the 3d anaglyphic version for red-blue glasses:

[attach=2]

bobbystahr

Nice very subtle DoF in this image...Bobby Like..
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Terrific. So blur is TG? Then watch out for the black lines when doing GISD as well.

Hannes

Looks great, Nils. And very natural!

Quote from: Dune on April 21, 2017, 11:25:59 AM
Terrific. So blur is TG? Then watch out for the black lines when doing GISD as well.

I'd say for this image you wouldn't necessarily need GISD (if you already did, you're lucky, none of the artifacts visible)

archonforest

Great shot! LOve the dof\color\mood.  :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd