Logic gates?

Started by Harvey Birdman, September 28, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

I guess this is my entry in the stupid question of the day competition. I know the solution must be there somewhere but I can't find it.

So we now have the nifty new boolean conditional nodes... but how do you implement basic logic gate functionality with the outputs of a couple of them? You know... suppose I want to AND or OR or the outputs of two boolean nodes. What is a simple one-node way of accomplishing that?

jo

Hi Harvey,

The Conditional Boolean scalar node has Boolean AND and OR comparisons.

Regards,

Jo

Harvey Birdman

Hey, Jo -

See? SEE? I TOLD you it was my stupid question of the day.

;D

Thanks, guy.

:)

rcallicotte

Harvey, I've been looking at this node at a distance for a couple of weeks.  Now that you're committed  ;D  would you consider letting me know what you think about this once you get it figured out?

What?  Oh, okay.   :-[  I really should know better than to bother a man when he's thinking.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: calico on September 28, 2007, 11:28:13 PM
Harvey, I've been looking at this node at a distance for a couple of weeks.  Now that you're committed  ;D  would you consider letting me know what you think about this once you get it figured out?

Check out the Conditional Boolean Scalar node documentation page. I kind of got sidetracked with all the documentation about threshold levels and analog comparisons and never noticed the 'AND' and 'OR" comparison functions at the end. That's really the nut of it as far as I'm concerned - I was looking for a straightforward way to implement logic.

Quote from: calico on September 28, 2007, 11:28:13 PMWhat?  Oh, okay.   :-[  I really should know better than to bother a man when he's thinking.

Thinking? It's Friday night, man! I'm indulging my weekly fall from grace and swilling a few (too many) beers.

:D