cast shadows from invisible obj

Started by radix, November 13, 2016, 09:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radix

Yeah if you want to run it through and send it back that'd be great, can't hurt to try. The .obj is attached up above in the third post, 'cubeShadowTest.zip'. Thanks!

bobbystahr

Quote from: radix on November 17, 2016, 03:33:14 AM
Yeah if you want to run it through and send it back that'd be great, can't hurt to try. The .obj is attached up above in the third post, 'cubeShadowTest.zip'. Thanks!

Try this one.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

radix

bobbystahr

Quote from: radix on November 18, 2016, 12:04:16 AM
Didn't work :/ thanks though

well at least we know it's only a mac thing(sorry) Have you submitted it as a bug?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

radix

Yup seems that way. Oshyan said they are investigating, but for future ref, is there a forum where people submit suspected bugs?

bobbystahr

Quote from: radix on November 18, 2016, 01:12:41 AM
Yup seems that way. Oshyan said they are investigating, but for future ref, is there a forum where people submit suspected bugs?

Maybe support and development, I've seen bug reports there.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

If you post here, it'll be picked up anyway.

Oshyan

Indeed, this bug is already "submitted". The process is not terribly formal. ;)

I should note, however, that our Mac developer is located in New Zealand and is quite near the recent 7.8 earthquake there. So our ability to address this bug may be delayed a bit as he's offline for the moment (but is, thankfully, OK!).

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on November 18, 2016, 04:35:15 PM
he's offline for the moment (but is, thankfully, OK!).

- Oshyan

Whew...thankfully is right.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Yeah, right, Jo, good to hear he's safe. Saw some photo's on google of the devastation, and I certainly hope his walls are still straight.

Kadri

Yes good to hear that he is safe. Curious how the place he lives is affected.
His home is more to the north i think?

AP

Hopefully everyone effected by the recent chain of events can pull through. All the best.

bobbystahr

These are scary days for the Ring of Fire countries...Lots of friends in Calif. and I worry endlessly about them wishing they'd come home to the ever so solid Canadian Shield.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

jo

Hi everyone,

I was just checking in on this issue as I'm just now starting to get back into TG work after the earthquake. Thanks for the good wishes. We were very much in the middle of the earthquake. Fortunately nearly everyone in the village where I live was ok, although very sadly someone did die. Our house wasn't too badly effected, so far just some damage to the foundations which will need repair. Of course pretty much everything inside ended up on the floor. We were very lucky though. A number of houses in the village and the local area were very badly damaged and will be demolished. The roads were badly damaged too, we weren't able to leave the village for over a week.

There is one of the major fault lines on the South Island running past just at the top of the village (the Hope Fault) so we always knew there was the possibility of a big earthquake, but I guess we weren't expecting it so soon! In fact the Hope Fault didn't really rupture much, but a whole lot of others did. Still quite a few aftershocks, most of which seem to happen just as you've got off to sleep, annoyingly..

Regards,

Jo

Kadri

Quote from: jo on December 19, 2016, 04:40:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I was just checking in on this issue as I'm just now starting to get back into TG work after the earthquake. Thanks for the good wishes. We were very much in the middle of the earthquake. Fortunately nearly everyone in the village where I live was ok, although very sadly someone did die. Our house wasn't too badly effected, so far just some damage to the foundations which will need repair. Of course pretty much everything inside ended up on the floor. We were very lucky though. A number of houses in the village and the local area were very badly damaged and will be demolished. The roads were badly damaged too, we weren't able to leave the village for over a week.

There is one of the major fault lines on the South Island running past just at the top of the village (the Hope Fault) so we always knew there was the possibility of a big earthquake, but I guess we weren't expecting it so soon! In fact the Hope Fault didn't really rupture much, but a whole lot of others did. Still quite a few aftershocks, most of which seem to happen just as you've got off to sleep, annoyingly..

Regards,

Jo

Sounds scary. We have here serious earthquakes too. I can kinda anticipate what you got thru Jo.