Mission to Mars

Started by René, November 14, 2016, 08:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

No oxygen tank for the astronauts yet.  ;D

Model space suit here: https://www.yobi3d.com/q/space%20suit

Dune

Awesome! The terrain is terrific. I would just dirty the astronauts up a bit, especially near the shoes. Can you pose them differently?

René

Thanks! No unfortunately the astronauts can't be posed, but despite that I've placed them, because they add scale to the scene. They could use a little dust to blend them in better.

René

A different POV.

Dune

The lightness of the shadows is also a nice feature, sort of reflected light. I love it. If you have ZBrush (or perhaps another modeling app), you could try bending the arms a bit to differ them from eachother.

DocCharly65

again and again i'm impressed by the great ground!

René

Quote from: Dune on June 14, 2017, 02:24:05 AM
If you have ZBrush (or perhaps another modeling app), you could try bending the arms a bit to differ them from eachother.

I could do that, but most of the detail comes from a UV texture map that wouldn't fit anymore.
I have modeling software, but modeling and rigging an astronaut would be very time consuming and I would rather focus on creating landscapes. I guess I just have to wait until something better comes along. :)

Dune

Bending in ZBrush keeps the UV at its place, I've done that as well to various objects.

mhaze

Great series of pics - I love the rocks, the colour and the ideas!

archonforest

Love the details on the last render. Great stuff!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

ajcgi

The ground details here are totally spot on compared to images sent from Curiosity. Really great!

bobbystahr

ditto to all the preceding compliments...sitting here in awe (as in awe hell I might as well hang it up) heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

René

Mars. Different type of rock, w.i.p.