Dogs of war

Started by Hannes, November 21, 2016, 03:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Here is another crowd test. Four different object sequences (basically the same model) with different accessories. Two different walking loops. Several populations with offset loops.
The flags and the fire mesh are preanimated. For the torches' fire I created two planes masked with an image (opacity-) map for the basic fire shape plus an animated power fractal for additional masking. Bloom and starburst are on.
It's barely visible, but the grass is animated too.

Dune

DocCharly65

I knew some day there would come another part of LotR  :)  ;)

You're a genius Hannes.

Kadri

Looks great.
This was the problematic scene with lights in fog probably from the other thread.
Which method did you use for the flames Hannes?

Hannes

Quote from: Kadri on November 21, 2016, 06:08:20 AM

Looks great.
This was the problematic scene with lights in fog probably from the other thread.
Which method did you use for the flames Hannes?

Thanks, guys!
Yes, that was the scene.
Like I wrote above I used two preanimated planes, assigned an image map to the opacity slot (see attached image), that's broken up by an animated PF.

Hannes

That's the flame setup in Max.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Rumburak

That's really impressive.

KyL

j meyer

Oshyan

Wow, this works remarkably well! The chain mail is maybe a bit too sparkly though, must be brand new. ;)

- Oshyan

Hannes

Quote from: Oshyan on November 21, 2016, 11:00:53 PM
Wow, this works remarkably well! The chain mail is maybe a bit too sparkly though, must be brand new. ;)

- Oshyan

Yes, or freshly oiled. ;D Thanks!!!!!!
By the way, this particular sparkling reminded me of snow sparkling, that some of us desperately tried to achieve some time ago.

otakar

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)