can someone check something in terragen 4 to do with animated lake level

Started by AlanR, November 21, 2016, 07:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanR

HI
need to animate the sea level rising, which I have done in the past, adding keys to the water level, however that does not seem to carry over the key frames, I have had to change the globel level of the lake instead, is it supposed to be like that? in the past, i am sure i just animates(added keys) to the water level slider
cheers

Dune

I'd not use the lake, but a sphere, no shadow and a displacement shader or offset of a surface shader to set the level, those are animatable.

Kadri

Quote from: AlanR on November 21, 2016, 07:33:29 AM
HI
need to animate the sea level rising, which I have done in the past, adding keys to the water level, however that does not seem to carry over the key frames, I have had to change the globel level of the lake instead, is it supposed to be like that? in the past, i am sure i just animates(added keys) to the water level slider
cheers

I tried it with Terragen 3.3 and it is the same .

Oshyan

Oshyan

OK, this is a confirmed bug, however there is a workaround: just animate the Y position of the Lake object. Those two parameters are basically the same, they try to stay in sync, so this is one reason for the issue in the first place. But if you just animate the position and not the "Water level" it works.

- Oshyan