Instant beaches

Started by Dune, November 26, 2016, 02:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I woke up at 5 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I started visualizing nodes and what I could do to get Easy Beaches. You know, import clip, attach a few links, set water level you need, et voila, your beaches appear at water level, customizable size/distribution, and having a mask for the white sands as well. And they stay (or rather move to other altitudes) when you raise the water level, or reseed the terrain. Now I have to remember what I figured out in my half sleep and get it to work..... 

AP

That seems rather promising. Hopefully you can get that to work out well.

mhaze

Hannes

Oh boy, for a second I thought, this is an amazing render!!!!
Good luck, Ulco. that would be amazing.

bobbystahr

Scary good, looks photo real...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Just a minute's work, Bobby  ;)

I am getting somewhere, though it isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Perhaps there's a much simpler way, I've got a lot of blue nodes already.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 26, 2016, 09:50:41 AM
Just a minute's work, Bobby  ;)

I am getting somewhere, though it isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Perhaps there's a much simpler way, I've got a lot of blue nodes already.

Why am I not surprised, heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Not yet working as I want, but this is result 1. I've got a simpler solution now (20 nodes less)  ;)

Rumburak

That's looking pretty good already.

bobbystahr

Good progress, 20 less nodes is major in screen real estate....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Yes, that render is actually quite promising already. Rather mean to lead with a gorgeous photo though. ;)

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on November 26, 2016, 03:30:24 PM
Yes, that render is actually quite promising already. Rather mean to lead with a gorgeous photo though. ;)

- Oshyan

D'oh, got me
http://www.lareserva.com/home/siete_playas_mas_hermosas
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

Quote from: Dune on November 26, 2016, 12:01:50 PM
Not yet working as I want, but this is result 1. I've got a simpler solution now (20 nodes less)  ;)

That is looking very nice and 20 nodes cut is quite significant.

zaxxon

The thing about Dune is that upon first view you really had to wonder if it wasn't another brilliant image. And the actual test render, even at this point, is a beauty!

Dune

:P

It's still harder than I thought. I'm into version 4 now, still less nodes, but raising the water level AND the beaches by one constant is still elusive (off-coast beaches and sandy islands occur). Though I wonder how many of you really raise and lower water levels considerably. Actually, in real world water level is per difinition at zero, isn't it. So I'll continue with a basic level around zero.
I also mean to get the foam okay.

Test. And another test.