unpremultiply error

Started by Dune, November 28, 2016, 06:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Since the unpremultiply tab has been off by default, there are still older objects that have it checked. I encountered an error using a few of those. It's visible as white spots in RTP (which isn't so terrible), but now also seems to render that way  :(   
Easy enough to uncheck of course, but I wonder why this would happen. And it's a lot of work if there are many objects to uncheck.

Oshyan

It his a TGO or OBJ object? In most cases we do not modify the way something is setup upon loading it in, even if the defaults change for newer versions. To do so could cause other unintended negative consequences. In the case of a TGO the shading is already setup in TG nodes, whereas with an OBJ we convert it and thus can set unpremultiply to the new default in that process.

- OShyan

Dune

Sounds logical, and indeed, this is a tgo. I always save my modified objects as tgo, so there are tons about with unpremultiply checked. It may also be the low AA that enhances the error, I'll check that. Otherwise it's going to be a lot of editing.