Under the Bridge (Enjoying Soft Shadows)

Started by sonshine777, September 09, 2007, 01:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Here is an old scene I have played with in the past
I have reworked the water and turned on soft shadows.

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Seth

nice view... the water looks strange to me though...

old_blaggard

Very nice.  I agree that the water looks a bit odd, though.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Very nice.  It all looks so real and the water farther away looks fine, but maybe not so great up close.  The grass, bridge, POV, rocks, boulders - all look great!  Like the lighting.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sonshine777

The water is still something I'm fiddling with (the pursuit of transparent water you know). :)

Seth

yeah and everything else is just so real ! great work !!!

Buzzzzz

This is really nice work as a whole.  :)  Just a thought, why not just use the water shader default and set smooth shoreline in your "base colors displacement" and "fractal breakup shaders" just a couple ft. above the water level and see what you come up with. You may have to adjust the wave scale because I'm not sure how large or small it may look at this low pov. Wonderful work man!

Volker Harun

The water is tooo transparent ... else a very good work!

sjefen

The water do look a little strange, but the lightning in is fabulous. I like your grass to, but I think it would be a lot better if you used a image as texture.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Harvey Birdman

Sigh... Why do I always feel like a complete hacker when I look at these? I mean I can come up with nice node network setups, but no way do my images look like this.

Nice work, guy.   :D

rcallicotte

Harvey, I understand.  I feel like I'm in the same boat most of the time.  Actually, some of this seems so complicated while some people here seem to fly right through it.  But, I'll get it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?