Tree stuff

Started by luvsmuzik, December 01, 2016, 09:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Finally getting the hang of this transform input for tree colors.
Used soft shadows which helped a lot with the trees this dense.

luvsmuzik

I did a couple more snow renders.
I played with the Blender sculpting tool on the barn roof and overhang. It would show better without so much sun, but I like the sun.  :) I used bloom and soft shadows.
This is an image map heightfield for the pathway. I set displacement at negative 0.006 and tried over smooth. I wanted this to be deep snow, but I think I took out too much fractal detail unless I add a reflective shader to the snow. Looks a little too clean.
Hannes' ice and snow tgc from the Terragen Materials Library is on the metaball snow glob trees.
The snowy pine has the tree snow tgc reflection enabled.

Jo Kariboo

Excellent winter light with Feeling cold!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on February 16, 2017, 08:50:18 PM
Excellent winter light with Feeling cold!

agree...keep at it, getting better  always
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

I should have started a new series, and called it "A Different Light", but anyway.....
I have used
masonspappy Grass from file sharing
wood anemone Terragen Creative presets
Conifers shared by AP
A tree or two I made in Blender
Depending on time, I might animate the sun on this one  :)

bobbystahr

All are 'nice' but I like 6 the best.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

J_Con

Really nice work. I think i like 6 the most also. They have an airy feel to them.

masonspappy

Quote from: J_Con on December 04, 2017, 08:34:27 PM
Really nice work. I think i like 6 the most also. They have an airy feel to them.
Ditto

luvsmuzik

Thanks all!
Finally getting object paths corrected with Poseray. I despise error messages. ;D

New Spring scene, if this is not enough ground cover, what else do I need?

Mushroom tree www.themantissa.net Midge Sinnaeve creative commons
Generic tree tgo objects preset
Generic Conifers tgo (file sharing)
Heather_Ulco tgo
Three leaf clover patch Ashunder (a looooong time ago)
Grass masonspappy tgo (file sharing)
Mr. Lampost's bush 06a
my Blender tree obj

mhaze

Some great stuff here, I like the bogs!

luvsmuzik

Thanks mhaze!
Tree population adjustments, scale adjustments
Gamma adjust
The tree of focus is supposed to have mushrooms growing on it. Trying to adjust colors after default object shaders had to be changed.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 PM
Thanks mhaze!
Tree population adjustments, scale adjustments
Gamma adjust
The tree of focus is supposed to have mushrooms growing on it. Trying to adjust colors after default object shaders had to be changed.

Agree with Mick and I see that fungus fine....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Here is an autumn colors clip tgc Autumn Colors Variation red orange

I have applied this to a tree with leaves that are mesh, not using a masked texture....I will try this with a merge shader later today

My tree has 2 leaf groups, giving opportunity to either apply clip to both leaf mesh or one, using the other with plain color or another PF set of color mixes
Thank you WASasquatch for guidance on this.

sboerner

Very natural mix of colors in the leaves. Looks good! And thank you for the clip, have to give that a look as I'll be needing some fall colors soon.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: sboerner on April 18, 2018, 10:29:35 AM
Very natural mix of colors in the leaves. Looks good! And thank you for the clip, have to give that a look as I'll be needing some fall colors soon.
Thanks sboerner!

Here is basically the same clip as green yellow brown on trees with masked leaves. Merge the tgc with the default tree shader so you get the shape of the leaf.

I try many things with this clip. Change scale or rotation and open the preview window on the final merge control mixing with the default tree shader. You can switch the A or B input merge inside the clip or the mode of the mix. Experiment....all the while with the final merge preview open. If the colors are too splotchy, decrease the scale with the transform input shader.