Tree stuff

Started by luvsmuzik, December 01, 2016, 09:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

This is looking really good!   Elsewhere I think you said you made the pine trees in Blender. You might want to play with Sculpt mode a bit to gently nudge and pull the tree trunk into slightly irregular shape , especially around the roots.

luvsmuzik

Some more trees. peeling bark is a merge set of power fractals with different displacements. Trial and error.

Quote from: masonspappy on August 11, 2018, 01:22:19 AM
This is looking really good!   Elsewhere I think you said you made the pine trees in Blender. You might want to play with Sculpt mode a bit to gently nudge and pull the tree trunk into slightly irregular shape , especially around the roots.
Thanks masonspappy. Fiddling with these and will go back and flare the base of those others as you suggest. They load pretty fast so far so I can add some subdivisions and play. That also makes a great difference in how the power fractal textures apply. :)

luvsmuzik

Blender 2.79 trees from skin modifier, sculpt brush modifications. Pines are made with generator.
WIP
Mr. Lampost's grass
Chipmunk freebie

luvsmuzik

Finally found my skin modifier tree with leaves file that I started before high blood pressure headache cloud started in May.

Left tree foreground made with skinned modifier in Blender 2.79. basic trunk add branches and leaves as particle systems. The leaves are geometry (altered plane) but will take a transparency too. I shall have to try them with a couple merged power fractals with some relective glossiness. Blender's Cycles shaders work in this manner, but they don't transfer (export) in the same manner. So you have to get creative with Terragen and learn the tricks.

Right foreground tree is made with Blender's sapling generator. Textures are Terragen powerfractal combinations.

Mr. Lampost's bushes
AP crabgrass
3 Leaf clover tgo

bobbystahr

Now that's getting there, best yet.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

masonspappy

Wow that is really nice!

luvsmuzik

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 17, 2018, 01:59:36 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on August 16, 2018, 11:22:22 AM
Now that's getting there, best yet.

Echo!
Quote from: masonspappy on August 17, 2018, 03:38:41 AM
Wow that is really nice!

Thanks guys!

Wolf 72
Mr. Lampost's bushes
masonpappy's grass
Found a free wolf obj at TurboSquid by dddrew. Does not come with textures so I assigned some and then played with the hair plugin for Blender2.79 to make fur. This is all experimental and assigning hair to vertex groups in a particle system, then converting system to curves and mesh ribbons.

Nature assortment pack that was free had a few grasses and ferns, also free at TurboSquid.

WIP Birches from the free models bobbystahr introduced the link. Really nice trees. Thanks bobby! https://www.viz-people.com/portfolio/free-3d-models-trees/

bobbystahr

You're very welcome masonspappy...nicely used as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Path tracing robust MPD 0.6 AA6 Gamma 2.4
Atmo 8 peachy
Sun 7 peachy
V3 low cloud for fog density 0.05 GI voxel in clouds 100

luvsmuzik

Same as above,, except dropped the fog and increased ray detail modifier to 1.
WASasquatch's  tree bark procedural on pine's bark.

I will add back the fog and bog water later and re render over night. This render just under 2 hours.

Edit So dark viewing Mac devices Image 2 adjust light.

bobbystahr

These are very nice luvs...keep it up.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

The first on of today with the denser fog is my favorite. :)