Random clumping of objects re-seed option in populator.

Started by choronr, February 03, 2014, 02:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

Hi,

I just want to emphasise what Ulco mentioned. I was a bit surprised that getting this effect using a fractal wasn't the first thought :-). TG is like a big open toolkit. We provide the building blocks to allow a tremendous variety of effects. The fractal nodes are one of the fundamental building blocks. If you are familiar with the sorts of patterns the different fractals can generate then you can think of those as the basis for more complex effects built up with different combinations of nodes.

I've attached the project I used to render the above image to show how easy this was. It doesn't include the object though, it was an Xfrog flower model. You can check out the node settings anyway.

I will admit that this would be easier if the fractal previews were more responsive to work with, but this is an area we plan to improve.

Regards,

Jo

choronr

Thank you Jo. I'll be referring to this file while working on my current project.

luvsmuzik

When using the PF for a density shader must one first use a transform input or other transformation node? Found it! No reply necessary. Works for me without one so far.