Rocks, sand, dirt

Started by Martin, December 04, 2016, 11:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Quote from: AndyWelder on February 16, 2017, 11:14:33 AM
Should one look at these images through 3D glasses? Or is the red/green shift the result of enlarging the images (because the free version has a limit for image sizes IIRC)?

There are a few red cyan 3d images in this thread yes(when the file name has "3d" in it then it's a red cyan 3d image), but most of them only has a chromatic aberration effect with side blur and film grain added in post to simulate old camera lenses- like the last space ship render.

Oshyan

I think the chromatic aberration effect on the last image was a bit extreme. ;) I would have liked to see it without quite so much blur as well. Glad to see you continue to experiment with objects in TG though.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on February 12, 2017, 04:29:15 PM
Working on some sci fi models. I'll import these to terragen as an obj file(this is a max render, sorry : ) )

Nice work, also like your spaceship in that last render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

I really like this spaceship. And I have to say, although I love chromatic aberration, I have to echo Oshyan. It's quite a bit too much.

Martin

Quote from: Hannes on February 16, 2017, 04:58:21 PM
I really like this spaceship. And I have to say, although I love chromatic aberration, I have to echo Oshyan. It's quite a bit too much.
Yeah, I had to tweak that pic a lot to look the way I wanted, and ended up using too many effects. I will take back with the Chromatic aberration and side blur.
I spend more time with zbrush and 3ds max recently ,so no time for terragen. I kind of used up all my ideas in the past few months, I made a lot of terragen renders haha!

Martin

Quote from: Oshyan on February 16, 2017, 01:48:34 PM
I think the chromatic aberration effect on the last image was a bit extreme. ;) I would have liked to see it without quite so much blur as well. Glad to see you continue to experiment with objects in TG though.

- Oshyan

I will keep rendering my models in other apps though. While Terragen is suprisingly good at rendering custom objects, it's still not a match for an unbiased renderer:)
Though of course I can't really post those here so a bit of inactivity.

Chinaski

Quote from: Oshyan on December 08, 2016, 01:37:19 AM
Yes, the pace of experimentation and iteration is really something! :D Reminds me of when Chinaski was active...

Yep! Hi guys! I really love this thread, reminds me of the good old days. Astonishing renders... Keep up the good work Martin! ;)
You don't understand me ? That's normal, I don't speak english.

Oshyan

The days are still good Chinaski, glad to see you! Come back and show us some Terragen work some time. :)

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on March 06, 2017, 02:42:40 PM
The days are still good Chinaski, glad to see you! Come back and show us some Terragen work some time. :)

- Oshyan

yup and please show and tell...it's what makes the days better.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist