Reducing RAM usage... automatic response...?

Started by N-drju, December 05, 2016, 03:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

??? What the...

I launched my project that uses 6.1 GB of RAM when loaded and when idle. Then, when the first test render has been completed the RAM usage... dropped to 4.4 GB RAM. ???

Obviously not a problem! But kinda unexpected. Is my computer that clever or is there something going on that I just don't get?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Oshyan

It's hard to say what is going on there. Windows memory reporting is not always accurate (for example when virtual memory is in use). Even when it is, the details can be confusing. :D Our main goal is to reduce memory usage overall, so that's what we stick to, despite sometimes odd readings like this. ;)

- Oshyan

N-drju

Hehe, this may be pretty misleading. If I see I'm using about half of my RAM instead of initial 6.1, the natural conclusion would be "Hell... let's pop in some more objects!". RAM will rise to 6.1 again but the very next day, the project won't open due to memory overload. ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"