Pie Filter - Bug Fix!

Started by Harvey Birdman, September 09, 2007, 10:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

-

dhavalmistry

thats one hell of a complex node network.....holy cow!!!!...all this for what...a quarter of the circle.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Harvey Birdman

-

dhavalmistry

can we sue this to make asteroid belts??/...just a thought!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

cyphyr

Looks very useful, Thanks a load :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Harvey Birdman

-

rcallicotte

I've been writing a program to create asteroid belts, though it is really an illusion since the way I'm doing it would bog down most computers.  I'm using only 1 or 2 degrees of an arc.

Not sure how this would work with asteroid belts.

Quote from: dhavalmistry on September 09, 2007, 11:52:22 AM
can we sue this to make asteroid belts??/...just a thought!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

Harvey, thanks.  This looks useful and is going in my library.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

neon22

This is incredibly useful for me.
Thankyou very much Harvey...   8);D

Harvey Birdman

-

bigben

Hi Harvey

A feature that will enable node values to be linked is planned which will be very helpful for stuff like this.  I haven't looked at this clip yet but I'll have a play later.  Another thing you can use this for is to drive a wedge through the cloud fractal out of frame and towards the sun. That would let you place a slit of sunlight across the terrain exactly where you want it while having a densely clouded sky.

Is the distance limit spherical or circular? (or selectable?... there are different uses for both)

Harvey Birdman

Hi, BB -

re cloud manipulation - that's a neat idea! I hadn't thought of that.

Distance is circular. I'd actually set it up for spherical initially and then decided that wasn't what I wanted. I don't know about making it selectable - you might end up with a bunch of unnecessary trig operations going on. I'll put together a separate spherical one.

bigben

I use spherical for objects mainly to allow for higher camera positions, but circular also has a lot of uses. Separate versions might be just as practical and avoid clutter.

mogn

Very nice, I love the node network  ;D

Harvey Birdman

Thank you, thank you.   :D  I actually spent more time tweaking the node locations than I did creating the network.

;D

Hey, Ben - re spherical filter: How does this sound for inputs/control values: CenterX, CenterY and CenterZ, Inner and Outer Radius, and then Theta Direction, Theta Span, Phi Direction and Phi Span. I'm thinking of providing scalar inputs to control angular coverage instead of using a color adjuster(s) at the output. That control set would allow you to define a frustum.