Escapist Render 1023

Started by bobbystahr, December 13, 2016, 08:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Isn't that captain a bit reckless, heading to the shallows at that speed?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 15, 2016, 04:09:13 AM
Isn't that captain a bit reckless, heading to the shallows at that speed?

He's good and there's a deep channel in the middle...heh heh I checked for that by turning off the water with the ship mid channel before pushing it back there...and well, we have GPS to help nowadaze...hee hee hee  Check out the between render I just posted.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Well my water went from what you see to even worse so I've put this on the shelf cuz every tweak makes it worse. Exploring a new image using image maps exclusively for the terrain and texture and it's coming along famously so that will likely be my next appearance in this Image Sharing section.

Dec 12 1:29 A M
Well here it is...a WIP so C&C at will.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Nice surface textures fo far! Curious where this goes  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on December 18, 2016, 07:36:22 AM
Nice surface textures fo far! Curious where this goes  :)

thanks Nils, me too
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 18, 2016, 12:06:29 PM
Love the terrain here. Good one!
it's a start for sure, who knows where it'll go or if it's already there.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Went looking around and found a cool view. A WIP  so C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

That surface looks really, really cool, Bobby! But the trees are way too big. I'd say maybe a third of the actual size. And some more maybe.
Plus the water doesn't look real. If you'd use the default water shader, reduce the wave roughness almost to zero (Very small wave size), and play with the decay distance, it could look much more realistic imho.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on December 26, 2016, 04:59:25 AM
That surface looks really, really cool, Bobby! But the trees are way too big. I'd say maybe a third of the actual size. And some more maybe.
Plus the water doesn't look real. If you'd use the default water shader, reduce the wave roughness almost to zero (Very small wave size), and play with the decay distance, it could look much more realistic imho.

Thanks hannes, actually the water is a place holder clip I have from Ulco so I'll tweak it. Trees also so I could get a sense of distance in my brain but perhaps a pop would be good. As yet I only have 16Gb RAM and even just the grass pop has to be hidden if I want to do any navigation. Waiting for a replacement on a dead stick.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

All the other renders I've don of this are from the South edge of the terrain, this is from the East edge.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on December 26, 2016, 04:59:25 AM

How's this Hannes?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Wow, much better, Bobby!! This is a really cool terrain and excellent surfacing.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on December 28, 2016, 04:53:39 PM
Wow, much better, Bobby!! This is a really cool terrain and excellent surfacing.

Thanks, as I mentioned earlier it's all based on a texture set for Poser use that I approved when I worked at Renderosity. I'd totally forgotten about it till I got the new machine and was selecting files to transfer. Another bonus from getting a new computer heh heh..Check the East camera as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New