The Flintstones

Started by René, December 20, 2016, 05:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

Something I'm also working on: "The Flintstones". I'm trying to make a Pixar style scene, which may be out of my league. But I can try, can't I.
I'm blocking out the scene and the objects are substitutes that will be replaced with high resolution versions. The hero rocks in the middle are modeled with Sculptris because they need to look cartoonish.
I'm also modeling trees and plants which is going to be a hell of a lot of work.

archonforest

WOW! Great idea and nice start ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

That looks amazing, René! Absolutely pixar-style!

DocCharly65

How cool is this???  ;D 8) ;D
That is amazing! Great!

Rumburak

masonspappy

Chuckling to myself. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Dune

Great idea, looking good already.

j meyer

Oshyan

Yeah, I think you are already doing a very good job. It's nice to see some more cartoon-style images here. Terragen is perfectly capable of it, but most people go for realism (including myself). Well done. :)

- Oshyan

DannyG

I am digging this a lot Rene, I wish DandelO was still around he was messing with this look back in the day it would be interesting to hear his take on this.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

AP

Neat to see something very different every now and then.

ADE

Yabba dabba doooooo.......cool idea rene

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on December 20, 2016, 03:46:32 PM
Yeah, I think you are already doing a very good job. It's nice to see some more cartoon-style images here. Terragen is perfectly capable of it, but most people go for realism (including myself). Well done. :)

- Oshyan

I gotta agree and as a former cartoonist I'm surprised I haven't tried this,,,Well done René
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: René on December 20, 2016, 05:51:29 AM
Something I'm also working on: "The Flintstones". I'm trying to make a Pixar style scene, which may be out of my league. But I can try, can't I.
I'm blocking out the scene and the objects are substitutes that will be replaced with high resolution versions. The hero rocks in the middle are modeled with Sculptris because they need to look cartoonish.
I'm also modeling trees and plants which is going to be a hell of a lot of work.

Try playing with the AO settings for a more cartoony look...have got that accidentally in some of my architextural renders.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist