The newest Teaser is out ;)

Started by DocCharly65, December 29, 2016, 11:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

A little update  :)

I was unsatisfied with many things of course but I could change or repair some of them:

Corrected spelling of "lens flares" and "myth busted"
Some Titles or subtitles look better now since they are not any more zoomed in or zoomed out
Some sound changes:
At the JJ-Enterprise scene double beeps instead of single beeps sound better
The call of Mr. Castel is introduced by a railroad station gong
Added some animations:
Helicopter fly over
In the ventilation shafts
Alien tracker
Ripleys eyes
The drinking bird

I am not sure if the old link still works. Whwn I tested it I was shown the old video though I chose "overwriting" the original file in Vimeo. After deleting the browser history I saw the new version.

It seems to be the same link but to be sure I add the actual link again here:
https://vimeo.com/197406391

I hope you like the changes.
The next renderjobs are already in the pipeline - was really too cold here in the PC room  ;D ;)

What I forgot to add in the credits is the objects and tgc's from some forum members here - I'm sorry!
The end credits of the final film will obviously be longer than the film  ;D
But especially here in the forum I want to mention Ulco's help with the puddles in the R2D2 moonlight forest scene, many grass plants by Chris and all the space scenes wouldn't have been possible without FrankB's Planet Pack. Also I got many good suggestions in repairing or texturing models by Hannes, Jochen, Ulco, Bobby and many more.

...an again I forgot a detail: some animations I had to speed up a bit to have place or the new scenes and I forgot to set intermediate image calculation to ON... So this time the stuttering is my fault... I'll upload an update next week (this week the free upload budget is already fully used)

Dune

Thanks Nils. Downloading now..... curious....

archonforest

VEry very cool!!!
How many PCs are you using? 10 min is pretty long. I just did my first 10 sec render and it took 13 hours.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

The 6 render node licences of TG professional are running each on one PC.
2 core i7 with 8 and 16 GB are almost nonstop 7/24 busy.
1 core i7 with 32 GB is used for scene developement and rendering complicated and elaborate scenes with e.g. millions of plants :)
1 core i3 with 6MB for some "easy" parts like the space scenes
Same about my old acer AMD 4 core phenom with 8 GB: Too old and weak for developing scenes but good enough to render animations with no terrain like space scenes or actually the "inside Enterprise scenes"

One last licence I keep for office at the moment. For fast tests  or make my boss interested into TG :)
In some weeks I can get a new decommissioned server (on the old one TG4 doesn't run) then the licence will move there.

Additionally since january I spent app. 800-900$ in pixelplow (including failures - sometimes I am just too hasty and inaccurate  ;D  )

The coming steps (I hope so):
In May / June the next "teaser" with a mostly peaceful but quite long scene at the poolhouse with sunrise and such romantic stuff.
In fall 2017 a "teaser" with R2D2 and BB8 in several scenes
At Christmas there could be a big remake of the journey of the Enterprise from Jupiter to Earth with the inside view of the crash between enterprise and the two TIE fighters. The remake of the older space scenes is necessary anyway because they were rendered in TG3 and the postwork-added starburst effects don't look as good as the TG4 effects.

Next year I want to close some more holes in the story -- there's still detail work to do what happens at the stargate in the wood and what's about the alien in the air shafts of the Enterprise.

In 2019 I will - no I MUST start the final of the film. I think I will need a year for many single scenes and the complicated animations.

And if everything works good, I will need 2020 for cutting, refining, editing, adding sound.

Ohh... here I remember that I was offered native english speaking voice talents... I think it was otakar and yossam.
I guess for the poolhouse teaser I will need you both! And additionally a female and another male voice (as Cap. Kirk) :)

Could interested people here please give me a short pm please?

Dune

I'll say it again, Nils; I am very much in awe of your creativity and perseverance. And you probably won't need any heating in your house  ;)

masonspappy

I'm really looking forward to this!  :)

DocCharly65

;D I hope my heating costs are in inverse mathematic relationship to my PC Power consumption  ;D

otakar

That's some long term planning. Respect!

I did not exactly volunteer for voice acting, but sure, I am game! Just don't expect native English from me :)