Human flesh

Started by Hannes, January 06, 2017, 09:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

original guy seems older - which makes sense, smoother skin on the updated dude. I guess the ideal (for me) would be a cross betweeen the two. The forehead and neck from right image and the rest from the left image ;)

Still very good results either way!

Hannes

Quote from: Hannes on January 08, 2017, 02:42:31 PM
reflektiert

I don't know what had happened when I wrote this. This is the german word (partial past perfect (?)) for reflecting, so I guess I was too tired or it was the spelling check of my cellphone.

However here is the comparison between Ulco's procedural sweat, which he generously shared with me (which sounds a bit like some sick fetish thing, I know ;)) and the population of flattened spheres.

Thanks again, Ulco!!!!!!!

Unfortunately the bumps in your solution adapt the shaders below, so it's some sort of a fake pebbles shader, or in this case an advanced pimples shader, which is cool, because it wasn't intended to be one, right?

My population looks a bit like a head in sparkled water with bubbles on it, so I'm not sure which one is better.

Dune

Sharing sweat is not one of my habitual behaviors, I might say, but I'm glad you liked it so much  :P

It was an older clip, so I don't know if all the settings were perfect. Perhaps you need to change the refraction index to a smaller number to get more reflections on the displacements. They were intended as little bumps, catching light, so it was intended alright.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on January 10, 2017, 02:44:53 AM
Sharing sweat is not one of my habitual behaviors, I might say, but I'm glad you liked it so much  :P

You're doing funny things here...  ;D ;D

Hannes, I'm still amazed at how well the procedural skin works. Good work so far.

Hannes

OK, this is it now.
I used a population of beads of sweat (squashed spheres), adjusted the reflection settings and added some eyebrows. Done!
I really want to do something else now.

Dune

It looks a bit as if he fell into the sand. I guess the perspiration beads need to be bigger, but I can imagine you've had enough of this gloomy guy.

Hannes

Thanks Ulco! Yes, it's enough now. Off to something else!!