TG4 (Version 4.0.04) Bug in Ray-traced Prerender?

Started by PabloMack, January 06, 2017, 07:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

I have a scene with a house and am using a Crater Shader (where the "depth" is negative) to simulate a raised plant bed in the front yard. I was having trouble getting the changes in parameters to take place and with some experimenting I discovered that the geometry doesn't change while the RTP button is active. After changing a parameter I had to deactivate the button for the change in geometry to appear in the view then reactivate the button to view the ray tracing once again.

Also, the objects (including the house) will continue to render while RTP is active but the crater will not. I have to turn off the RTP in order to get the crater to render to beyond the crudest of resolution and then turn RTP back on to get the image of the house into the render.

Is this normal behavior?

Post number 2^10 (I am a binary kind of guy)

KlausK

If I understand your post correctly, I think that`s how it is at the present stage of development of the RTP.
Take a look here, please: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21730.0.html
Oshyan describes the do`s and don`t`s of the RTP.

Hope that helps.
cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

PabloMack

Yep. That explains it. Thanks a bunch. I'm still far better off with it than without it. I'm very happy.