Quiet Place

Started by Lady of the Lake, January 06, 2017, 12:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

TG4Creative. (wheat by Sonshine777; trees/etc by X-Frog; canoe by...says Tom's canoe; reeds by Dune; terrain by Danny G.; rock set up by Yossam)

Have a super 2017 everyone. 
Lyla

archonforest

For me it is a bit over exposed but I like it overall  ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DannyG

The light on surface compared to the sky is off. It gives the impression of 2 images.

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

agree to over exposed, maybe, if it doesn't look too bright on your monitor it's time for a new one, at very least re-calibration is in order.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Very typical southeast to upper midwest US lakeside bank, where in midsummer, the rocks are bleached almost white. Looks to be midday lighting from your shadows. Great composition!

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 06, 2017, 08:28:10 PM
Very typical southeast to upper midwest US lakeside bank, where in midsummer, the rocks are bleached almost white. Looks to be midday lighting from your shadows. Great composition!

I will yield to your superior knowledge of that type of terrain...here everything is white with blue shadows and it's affecting my perception...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Indeed, the light is a bit artificial. Too much GI perhaps, and what if you change the atmo back to default?

Lady of the Lake

Here is my re-do.  Atmosphere is back to almost default.  Lowered the GI settings.  Deleted the water and started over. :-)    Did a bit of post work  on the color contrast.

Thanks for all the comments.  On to the next.

bobbystahr

Over all it seems noisier starting with the water. I liked your first water better myself. the Default atmo is better I think. Maybe woulsd have ben better without the post work as it seems too contrasty.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

ADE

water scale wise is too small....looks like a lot of low level wind is blowing across it just increase the scale and lower the roughness
use less density on the clouds too....