log cottage decked

Started by luvsmuzik, January 14, 2017, 12:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

WIP Learning more basic modelling. Low texture cabin. Front of cabin is a PF texture as are the roof, and foundation/deck skirt.
Needs vegetation ground cover and lots more stuff.
Now that I have found the reflective shader, how does one blur it a little? So it doesn't look like the trees are inside the cottage?

Blender long needle pine.

Dune

At the bottom of the reflective shader there's a slider for smoothness/blur, but be careful; longer rendertimes. start with 0.004 or something like that, gradually up.

luvsmuzik

That worked on the reflector! Thanks Dune!

I will fix brown layer altitude later too.

Here stretching fractals to make wood on the deck and added procedural grass. Cabin has a foundation so I will rough up the ground surface later. :) I hate dirt through the floor. ha

luvsmuzik

Think I put as many wood tones as I could without ruining this. 

Hanne's material share wood, modified.

Now I have to make mulch for the flowers group.

luvsmuzik

Side view

To do:
More trees, layer adjustments, change direction on deck rail topper PF (probably stretch x and y, not z?) Soften reflection on light pine floor. Make rooftop more yellow green and brown. Beef up the clouds.

Back in five minutes, hahahahaha

luvsmuzik

Got the rail fixed and a few other minor adjustments.

Now I shall have to learn about normals as my roof is acting all weird since the addition of the overhangs. Extruded edges, but must have done something wacky. So for now roof is black as opposed to checkerboard. Top roof has 3 faces each side, surely I can just join that into one face per side....

bobbystahr

Nice work and moving along nicely. I personally would like to see a human level series as that shows a better sense of the scale I find.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Gonna rework this on Dune's Simple Road setup for TG4 free.

How we used to do fake trees in the old days on higher altitude surface layer.
Forgot to adjust veggie surface color, that will be brownish next render, with more trees hopefully.

53 minute render.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 19, 2017, 10:48:14 PM
Gonna rework this on Dune's Simple Road setup for TG4 free.

How we used to do fake trees in the old days on higher altitude surface layer.
Forgot to adjust veggie surface color, that will be brownish next render, with more trees hopefully.

53 minute render.

this is looking really good and I can see the scale in my mind's eye now much more clearly. Nice work on the fake trees..keep.on.tweakin'
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 20, 2017, 12:49:26 AM
[this is looking really good and I can see the scale in my mind's eye now much more clearly. Nice work on the fake trees..keep.on.tweakin'

Thanks, bobby. I have finally associated in my mind how we used to add smoothness or bumpiness to a layer or child of a layer in surface shaders in the older TG versions. Then go into the sliders and do the altitude and slope tricks while watching the black and white preview adding the noise or lack of it. I did not relate this until recently with working with some of these more advanced files. (the variables in the PFs change lots of stuff; so now I fiddle a little more with lead in values and scale there rather than everything microscopic or extreme)

bobbystahr

that's the path, endless experimenting breeds many interesting things...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

nice updates here. I would scale the house a bit more down. And perhaps put some random bushes around?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

Nice updates and cool fake trees!

The pathe seems to run trought the cottage up to the mountains. Is that intended?

luvsmuzik

He knows when you are sleeping....

Colours tgc on the wreath
xoio people

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New