For Dragonfire "Keep at it"

Started by luvsmuzik, December 06, 2016, 11:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Yes, TG can be a challenge. I know you will do it!

My feeble attempts in both programs, but we can do this! Object imported fine, but the lights, .......
Image 1 Blender
Image 2 TG

Now that I can edit a population, I may get back to this eventually, since I can move the spheres about....

Agura Nata

Oh yes my friend! Thank you :-)
I have put in Blender different glass forms on the candles of the candles and inside a light source for the flame which is reflected in the interior. Outside a second for general lighting. I will go on with it in the near future. We have dinner now.

a picture from Blender:

greetings from dragonhill!
"Live and Learn!"

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

luvsmuzik

This object (castle) built in Animator 95...yes it was, has been rendered and exported into Sketchup (Pov Ray-trial render), Blender, and Terragen. I built it when the only tool I could use was extrude obviously. Through many  conversions and exportations, I learned a few things. What the heck are ...tris to quads so you can unwrap UVs!!!

This scene will always be a WIP to try something different. If I don't crash my pc, there will be torch lights and rendered in TG.

Here I have used a power fractal on the object surface texture for that aged look. Thank you Dune!

Dune

You're welcome. You can't use this method though on animations where stuff moves about; the procedural colors will stay where they are.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on December 19, 2016, 02:35:06 AM
You're welcome. You can't use this method though on animations where stuff moves about; the procedural colors will stay where they are.

But stationary objects render animation okay don't they? I assume that is from the world position option positive value. You mean like my camouflage duck/bird would stay plain surface color and feathers in the PF are left behind if it were to fly? That is weird that happens as traced textures adhere and objects can be animated.

Dune

Yes, anything set to world space (final position) will not move with a moving object. So  flock of ducks will fly through their own camouflage pattern, sort of.

luvsmuzik

Getting closer. Have to downscale the trees :)
Still renders in about 20 minutes :)

AP Generic conifers
My Blender long needle pine
Procedural grass clip
PF displace on castle