Sunbeam Articfacts in clouds

Started by Aleksei, January 17, 2017, 06:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksei

As you may remember I had some problems with network rendering described here:

I investigated the problem and here is the result.
When I was rendering the same scene over and over again with low anti-aliasing (1) I've got images where sunbeam artifacts were spread around terminator. I marked them with arrows. All these artifacts appeared randomly in each new render.

With anti-aliasing 4 the artfacts usually looked like this:

And the problem with netowrk rendering appeared because each render node was rendering its own artifacts. And because each render node is responsible for its own part of image these artifacts were cut somewhere.

For now I coped with the problem (by retouching the artifacts). But the main question is what are these artifacts and why they appear? I was playing with lots of settings: with GIs, samples, anti-aliasing, quality and details but nothing helped. These artifacts still appear in Cloud Layer v3 node (Low-level: Generic). Does anybody know what may cause this issue?

Multi-purpose Design Tool: • NORDSKILL •

Oshyan

Did you try my suggestions in the other thread, disabling Use voxels for shadows, etc?

If you are using Defer Atmo (which is on by default in TG4, and recommended for use with v3 clouds), then AA controls the amount of sampling in the cloud layer. If you are using a low quality value for v3 clouds, these kinds of inconsistencies could happen. Alternatively, you may need to use a higher Cloud GI setting (in render node GI settings). Have you tried either of those?

- Oshyan