Shurby Adobe and 1920 Packard

Started by bobbystahr, January 26, 2017, 11:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Whilst searching for something I obviously had forgotten the name of I rediscovered this lovely Shurby  model and seconds later the Packard so the die was cast. Though essentially a mindless doodle I'll accept C&C and continue with this if y'all think it's worthy. Thanks for stopping in, heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Good start here!!
I think it is worth to continue. As a first thing I would give a PF for the color of the light green trees and for the grass. Perhaps add a different type of grass also with different color.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on January 26, 2017, 11:20:31 AM
Good start here!!
I think it is worth to continue. As a first thing I would give a PF for the color of the light green trees and for the grass. Perhaps add a different type of grass also with different color.

Agree, and I do believe the forest is out of scale. The poplars are from Walli but the Euro Elm is an XFROG freebie and I don't think they load at the same scale. I have lots more grass...thinking a scattering of nasty crab grass patches as well. Lawn is so perfect that it makes me want to puke, er putt.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Actually I am keep looking the dry grass and I think that is pretty good as is. Perhaps plant some greener pops on top. For scaling  usually I put a 1x1 cube around and using that as measurement. It works for me.

Btw some flowers close to the house or along with the walk path could be nice.

Is that walk path actually procedural? It looks cool and wanted to make one for myself but never liked the outcome.

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on January 26, 2017, 02:25:17 PM
Actually I am keep looking the dry grass and I think that is pretty good as is. Perhaps plant some greener pops on top. For scaling  usually I put a 1x1 cube around and using that as measurement. It works for me.

Btw some flowers close to the house or along with the walk path could be nice.

Is that walk path actually procedural? It looks cool and wanted to make one for myself but never liked the outcome.

I've re done the grass as I mentioned I was gonna and like the outcome, plus varied the Elm trees and erected a wall along the grassedge with a couple of Ivy plants on it...rendering as we chat!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

O K, crab grass way too big, ivy on fence badly positioned and the fence needs a pf or 2 to break up the repeat, it's 9 copies of the same segment. C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Great setup! Watching for the tweaks. I would like to see a little more sky in this.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 26, 2017, 11:44:20 PM
Great setup! Watching for the tweaks. I would like to see a little more sky in this.

more sky would mean no creek water, it's a fine line getting both in.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

I like the changes so far! Maybe you can put more ivy on the walls so it covers it more? That can cover up for the repeated wall.
Flowers would be nice though :)

DocCharly65

Nice new project, Bobby. :)

Only one general suggestion from my side: If you decide to present the car, the ambiance/surrounding should not be too distracting and complex. Beautiful idea with all the details but don't you think the car could get a bit lost?

j meyer

Are the white+light grey tires intentional?

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on January 27, 2017, 12:03:11 PM
Are the white+light grey tires intentional?
an oops, also forgot to colour the roof...here's an update and I see I need to move the Packard onto the level part of the driveway, sigh and one of the ivy plants needs to move from behind the yard Elm tree...at least they're faster renders now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New