where to buy legal 3D models?

Started by archonforest, January 26, 2017, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Which company you guys using to buy models? I know Turbosquid for example but try to locate a cheaper one if possible. (looking for a special train model but turbosuid does not have the version I need.)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

yossam

What kind of train are you looking for?  ???

archonforest

It is called M62. It is an old Russian train engine. Turbosquid got a modell but it is a different version I want.

Dune

That''s a cool train, would make a wonderful render! Hope you find one.

archonforest

Quote from: Dune on January 27, 2017, 02:48:35 AM
That''s a cool train, would make a wonderful render! Hope you find one.
Indeed. It is a beauty! I was fixing them back in time while we still had an army of these. (I was a diesel mechanic)

Dune

I love old trains. Will you be making a render?

N-drju

I usually use DAZ Studio store, but I'm mostly preoccupied with human models (female preferably ;D). They also have some real-life vehicles but I doubt it if they have anything that specific. Most of the stuff out there is... how do you call it - "generic", right? Besides, their marketing and sales models are not very moral...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Pixeln

Quote from: N-drju on January 27, 2017, 03:40:23 AM
I usually use DAZ Studio store, but I'm mostly preoccupied with human models (female preferably ;D). They also have some real-life vehicles but I doubt it if they have anything that specific. Most of the stuff out there is... how do you call it - "generic", right? Besides, their marketing and sales models are not very moral...
I have also bought some stuff from daz3d.com a few times, but not so advanced as a train model. It would be interesting to know if they can provide that as well. It's worth at try... good luck!

TheBadger

I could not even find orthographic schematics. And that's a little strange, because normally you can find schematics for anything like planes or cars or trains due to how many people are into that stuff.

this train is a rare one or something?

Try to find a plastic or metal modeling kit on amazon. order it and do photo 3d. Or find a modelers book and get the schematics (hobby stores often have those in stock of military and trains) often but not always, the modeling kits come with 3-4 views in ortho of the model. a little foot work may get you what you need if google fails... google often fails.
It has been eaten.

archonforest

This engine (M62) is a russian model from the late 70'. There are several versions around but the one I looking for is the one we had it in Hungary in the 80'.

I found a mesh at least but is not the correct one. I was thinking to write a mail to the guy at Turbosquid and ask if he can do that model and I will pay the same. It is around 100 bucks but I would pay this amount for the correct modell for sure.

Dune: I am also in love with trains and I will do a render if I ever manage to get the right modell. I mean with the correct modell I would do a bunch of renders hehe...

Dune

Well, I certainly hope you'll find it then!