Rough Ripe

Started by Dune, January 31, 2017, 09:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Oh wow, those are really nice Ulco!
I'm quite jaleous, despite our country is tiny there are still quite big differences between east (where you live) and west (where I live).
I've never seen anything like this in our country, I think.

TheBadger

I dont think I have ever seen it at all. this is just frost build? never heard these terms before either.

pretty cool though. no pun intended.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Yeah, Martin, I guess we have a land climate here, relatively  ;)

fleetwood

PabloMack

Quote from: Kevin F on January 31, 2017, 11:54:05 AMBeautiful! Never heard of Rough Ripe, it's called a Haw Frost in UK.Should be easy enough in TG.

I've never heard that term either. In the USA we call it an "Ice Storm". The big one I remember was back in 1978. Everything seemed to be made out of glass. I could see the aftermath on my way from Houston to Brownwood (central Texas) to meet up with some college groups for a Mexico nature trip. A big freeze followed us down into Mexico. On the way back we saw the devastation of a freeze with many tropical trees dead in the storm's wake. The word was that many Mexicans further south in the mountains never saw snow in their lives but finally got to experience it that winter.

masonspappy

up in US Mid-Atlantic region it was called "hoar frost".  No matter what it's called, it's eerily beautiful. Great pictures!