Mobilisation

Started by Hannes, February 02, 2017, 01:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I found these two beautiful (and free!) models of the gunships at Turbosquid. Unfortunately these are just single objects without any UV-mapping or texturing, so I spent almost a week to tear them apart and map them correctly.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on February 02, 2017, 01:04:48 AM
I found these two beautiful (and free!) models of the gunships at Turbosquid. Unfortunately these are just single objects without any UV-mapping or texturing, so I spent almost a week to tear them apart and map them correctly.

Truly amazing render...great patience on the gun ships...bin der and dun dat with other massives...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

I had no idea that the European Defence Forces have all that fancy, interplanetary firepower. :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Quite a result, worth the time.

Hannes

Thanks guys. It's great fun to see the models come to life even more when they change from a clay model to something more realistic.

Quote from: N-drju on February 02, 2017, 02:27:38 AM
I had no idea that the European Defence Forces have all that fancy, interplanetary firepower. :P

I used this model before:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21506.msg216060.html#msg216060
but to be honest I don't know where this EDF stuff comes from... Embarrassing...

inkydigit

Absolutely killer render...!!!
great job with the UV's and texturing, they look awesome,

super mini crit... the helmets are very shiny though??

eggplant dealers federation?

Hannes

Quote from: inkydigit on February 02, 2017, 09:14:08 AM
super mini crit... the helmets are very shiny though??

Quite a point. I'll see...

Quote from: inkydigit on February 02, 2017, 09:14:08 AM
eggplant dealers federation?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

zaxxon

Once again you have made TG's render engine go the extra distance with this one. Great image! I mini agree with the mini crit as well.

DannyG

Brilliant work, a 360 would look pretty amazing, perhaps at a perspective from one of the troops?
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

masonspappy

That is one great render!!

"Escadrille de France" ???

TheBadger

holy cow Hannes, you really got your object control down in TG man. thats a lot of stuff with a lot of textures to deal with.

I like that glow on the ringed planet a lot. looks really crisp up there. little softer down on the surface (details), probably rez of textures I guess?

grand as usual anyway.  8)

I like your choices of uniforms for EU army! perfect. Hope they have fun in Russia next winter, Ill be staying home my self, i'v been there already. ;D
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Just noticed the reflection flip on the helmets; from left where they appear to be an exclamation point, and an upside down one on the right.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

dorianvan

These look great, very realistic. I hope you do a little animation with them.
-Dorian

TheBadger

^^ Do a collaboration with Doc!
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Quote from: TheBadger on February 02, 2017, 02:21:57 PM
I like that glow on the ringed planet a lot. looks really crisp up there. little softer down on the surface (details), probably rez of textures I guess?

It's just the atmosphere, and there is no texture map. It's procedural.

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 02, 2017, 06:09:38 PM
Just noticed the reflection flip on the helmets; from left where they appear to be an exclamation point, and an upside down one on the right.

You're right. Looks kind of weird. I didn't notice that before. The reflection as it is sucks. I'll try some things.