0 Micro Triangles, dotted rendered image

Started by echelon, February 11, 2017, 03:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

echelon

I am playing around with the example scene that is coming with my terragen pro 4.0.04, when trying to render highest possible render image, somehow i might be breaking some/a setting.

The resulting rendered image is not in full 'scale' only small dotted image with black in between dot.

Here is my scene file, what i am doing wrong in the settings?

KlausK

Turn off "Write Gi Cache" in the Renderer. Read about it here.
http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Terragen_3_Global_Illumination#Rendering_with_GI_cache_files
cheers, KlausK
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

echelon

@KlausK
Thanks, now it starting to render  :)

But after tinkering with clouds and vegetation, the current rendered image is black  :o, while in preview, it look fine.

Attached below the new scene file.

echelon

Just found out after waiting more minutes, the final rendered block now appears, looks like clouds is really computational intensive and expensive  ???

Dune

I can only open in an old version while on the web, but I see a loose connection between atmosphere and planet. And you don''t need the shadow catcher. That might be a start. You also had a VERY small render quality: 0.055, that should be somewhere between 0.5 and 0.8 for average renders.
And yes, v3 clouds are slower than v2 mostly.